Remove this ad

Lead

Apr 3 14 11:08 AM

Tags : :

Also at the ground on Saturday's game there will be a petition to support the Mill Farm Sports Village allowing us to build the new AFC Fylde complex. Please sign your name and show your support for The Coasters!

If you don't get a chance to sign the petition on Saturday, please come along to the AFC Fylde shop in Kirkham where you can sign your name.
Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Remove this ad

#1 [url]

Apr 3 14 12:29 PM

Re: Mill Farm Petition

What date is the decision date? DH told us it was the 4th of April. I presume there is now a delay?

If there are petition forms that I can take to work, I think I'd be able to get around 100+ signatures?

Quote    Reply   

#2 [url]

Apr 3 14 1:44 PM

The date has been delayed, we should be hearing something within the next month.

If you wouldn't mind taking a form around your workplace to gain support, that would be fantastic! Please just contact the shop and we will be able to send a form to you.

Quote    Reply   

#3 [url]

Apr 3 14 1:59 PM

I'll come and collect the petition form tomorrow. I'll return it Tuesday/Wednesday.
I'm sure others here could do the same and help get a big petition going?

Quote    Reply   

#5 [url]

Apr 4 14 12:22 PM

Mill Farm Petition ......

........ sadly it might get rejected because there are people with influence who will be against it for commercial reasons and who don't care about providing facilties for the people of kirkham and wesham

whoever is behind SWAK are quite prepared to lie on their website (they state that there is no public transport - untrue),why are they remaining anonymous? - it certainly makes it difficult to question their motives

Quote    Reply   

#6 [url]

Apr 4 14 7:27 PM

I believe, but not confirmed! That the people behind swak are the people that live opposite. (Who also want planning permission for a helicopter pad)

Quote    Reply   

#8 [url]

Apr 5 14 6:49 PM

KirkhamWesham wrote:
What's the general feeling about this? Surely it can't be turned down AGAIN. It's in a perfect location!

If it got refused for being built in this out of town location then some serious questions would need to be asked about the whole process as I cannot think of any council in the UK that in these times of belt tightening would knock back something that not only provides something for the whole community (inparticular the youth of the area) but also jobs with zero cost to themselves.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad

#9 [url]

Apr 5 14 9:04 PM

Miill Farm Petition .......

........ greenhalgh with thistleton parish council have objected on the grounds that it will affect shops in kirkham and wesham

I don't understand it, I mean it's not as if anyone who lives in greenhalgh has a business in kirkham is it?

Quote    Reply   

#10 [url]

Apr 5 14 9:08 PM

Well I think if it gets rejected then the national newspapers should get involved as it would appear to me that there could b foul play as certain objectors have serious vested interest

Quote    Reply   

#11 [url]

Apr 5 14 11:00 PM

Apparently, the only reason for the extension is because the Highway Agency required a few little tweaks to the plans. That is all. Fingers crossed, it goes through immediately. If not, then there is a case for appeal and the decision would then be made in London at a financial expense of DH and the council. This would be money that the council would be unable to afford.

Quote    Reply   

#14 [url]

Apr 8 14 6:42 PM

The more signatures for the petition, the bigger the message it will send out to the planning committee. If anyone would like me to email a blank petition form, let me know. Take it around your work place, friends and family and get the signature, then return to the AFC Fylde shop in Kirkham.

Quote    Reply   

#15 [url]

Apr 9 14 2:07 PM

I really hope I'm wrong but personally I think this is going to get refused again and if so then I fear for the future of our club. Can't see anywhere else where it could possibly go and DH will not want to keep pumping money in if there is no option to expand further.
This is the prime location, if this doesn't get passed then IMO there will be no stadium for fylde and possibly no fylde within the next year or two .

I don't see what objection people can possibly have. This will be of benefit to the whole community. I'm praying this gets passed

Quote    Reply   

#16 [url]

Apr 9 14 2:36 PM

Fylde foot patrol wrote:
I really hope I'm wrong but personally I think this is going to get refused again and if so then I fear for the future of our club. Can't see anywhere else where it could possibly go and DH will not want to keep pumping money in if there is no option to expand further.
This is the prime location, if this doesn't get passed then IMO there will be no stadium for fylde and possibly no fylde within the next year or two .

I don't see what objection people can possibly have. This will be of benefit to the whole community. I'm praying this gets passed

It's not the people that oppose this. I've personally got 129 signatures so far collected since Monday for the approval of this development and I can tell you, I only had 4 that didn't want to sign. The residents of Kirkham, Wesham, Blackpool and Preston are in support of it. It's the businesses in the area that see Aldi as a threat.
If it gets rejected, DH will probably concentrate on the root, which is Aldi or quite simply lodge an appeal. Noone has an issue with the stadium, not even the businesses.

if Aldi is taken out then maybe Sports-Direct would be an option? There are no sports stores in the area.

Quote    Reply   
Remove this ad
Add Reply

Quick Reply

bbcode help